Re: MD Is Morality Relative?

From: Sam Norton (elizaphanian@kohath.wanadoo.co.uk)
Date: Sun Dec 12 2004 - 10:56:46 GMT

    Hi MSH and DMB,

    > msh says:
    > Nothing serious. Just that you and Sam appear to disagree about
    > everything; you are complete opposites just on principle, I think,
    > like matter and anti-matter. So I read and value your exchanges,
    > your "contradictory whisperings," and figure a balanced universe
    > beckons from the middle distance.
    >
    > dmb:
    > In any case, we really should get directly engaged in a conversation
    > about some thing or another. Maybe you and Sam could "gang up" on me
    > or something. It could be great fun. And I read your posts with
    > interest too, thank you very much.

    In the midst of the self-congratulation and mirth, I'd like to make a serious request. DMB thinks
    I'm evasive and slippery, whereas I think that he doesn't know the presuppositions of his own
    arguments. And we've been banging on at these issues for years. I was just wondering if MSH would
    agree to act as a sort of arbiter, not to say 'he's right and he's wrong', but to say 'he's raised a
    point that you haven't addressed' and things like that. Just to help with fending off the
    mudslinging and keeping us 'on message'.

    Whaddaya think?

    Sam