RE: MD Is Morality Relative?

From: David Buchanan (DBuchanan@ClassicalRadio.org)
Date: Mon Dec 13 2004 - 00:55:56 GMT

    Mark Steven Heyman said:
    ...I'm not sure I can dedicate the time necessary to do the job right.
    However, I'll point out evasions or shifts or circularities when I
    see them, but your posts often refer to this and that from another
    post referring to another, etc, not to mention references to sources
    on mysticism and philosophy. Tracking all this stuff down to check
    for consistency and completeness would be impossible for me, time-
    wise.

    dmb says:
    I wouldn't even dream of asking you to investigate anything from the past or
    even to "dedicate" lots of time and effort. Just to offer whatever comments
    you like. Selfishly, I would like some help making sure that my posts are
    making sense. And that they are getting through. Sam seems to be demanding
    answers I already posted. And the misunderstandings between us have been so,
    so surreal all along. Little help might go a long way.

    One major bone of contention has been on full display in recent weeks, and
    I'm really not asking you to go back to re-read or otherwise revisit the
    past, but has it been your general impreesion that the thinkers I quote are
    helpful? Do they illuminate what Pirsig is saying or not? Do my own
    explanations of the connections between Pirsig and other mystics make sense?

    And it probably goes without saying, but I'd invite anyone to chime in on
    this stuff.