Re: MD The MOQ and Mysticism 101

From: Mark Steven Heyman (markheyman@infoproconsulting.com)
Date: Sun Dec 26 2004 - 02:20:59 GMT

    Hi all,

    I'd like to simplify the raging debate between Sam and DMB, for my
    own sanity and peace of mind, if nothing else. I think the essence
    of their disagreement can be examined in terms of what each claims is
    revealed through a mystical experience.

    For DMB, a mystical experience reveals that god exists, and we,
    everything, every rock root and sentient, are pure god, through and
    through. We, each and everyone of us, are complete and equal in our
    godliness.

    I think Sam is saying that a mystical experience reveals that there
    is a God, and that we are part of it, but not all of it. There is
    something external to us that is God as All. And (taking a chance
    here) Sam might be suggesting that our complete realization of GOD
    (our becoming one with God) isn't possible through any "earthly"
    mystical revelation, but only after bodily death.

    Now. Isn't this just the east/west religious split on the nature of
    God?

    As usual, all thoughtful comments will be appreciated.

    Best,
    Mark Steven Heyman (msh)
    --
    InfoPro Consulting - The Professional Information Processors
    Custom Software Solutions for Windows, PDAs, and the Web Since 1983

    "The shadows that a swinging lamp will throw,
            We come from nowhere and to nothing go."