Re: MD Transubstantiation

From: ian glendinning (psybertron@gmail.com)
Date: Mon May 02 2005 - 09:57:03 BST

    Sam
    You asked ..
    Is there a place where I have been guilty of this [dishonest intellect] ?

    Possibly Sam, but none of us is innocent - it was actually me
    apologising for my losing my cool, not me pointing the finger or
    fishing for apologies from anyone else. DMB had articulated a response
    to that which simply made me angry.

    (It's odd you picked on my words, when I was merely agreeing with DMB ?)

    Anyway, your Rene Girard quote - first sentence - try this.
    Paraphrase [It's not A>B but B>A ]
    This is also a typical piece of dishonest intellect. It presupposes
    that one is a reason for [or cause of] the other - a closed world with
    an excluded middle - too simplistic. Wrong - they're both just
    different emergent aspects of a more complex evolved quality of
    thought.

    And that's before we even start on the concept of either A or B being
    "invented".
    Now what about "a bi-product of the Gospel" - don't get me started :-)

    Aspect - might be my word for May.
    (Explanation was April's word)

    Ian