Re: MD Holden's Carousel of Faux Philosophy & Fairytales

From: Erin (macavity11@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri May 27 2005 - 14:51:56 BST

    just randomly pick a few of dmb posts and you'll find an example in which he tries to assure the reader (or maybe himself) of his libido

    Erin

    ian glendinning <psybertron@gmail.com> wrote:
    Sex, where ?I must have missed it. :-)Yours,Irate, of Reading, UK and Perth WA.
    On 5/27/05, Erin wrote:> > I know that you and dmb question your sexuality (which would explain the> constant sex jokes for a lame attempt to convince the readers) but I do not> question mine despite you holding up more fake mirrors for your typical goal> of distortion and not true understanding of the point of the post. Try> sticking to the issues of the post and not turn everything into a sexual> issue...you might learn something!> > Erin > > > Ant McWatt wrote: > Mr MacCavity proposed on May 26th:> > Somebody who is not open to diversity and choices should not really call > themselves assistant manager. If it was up to you there would only be two > choices of entertainment at the fair--a carousel and House of Mirrors.> > Phlogiston-McWatt replies:> > I have always been open to the utmost diversity in the fair. I'm only > against those who would wish to close it, those who would operate it as > "Professor Rorty's School!
    of Leadership & Post-modernism" and, of course, > the occasional Freak.> > Mr MacCavity proposed:> > I never experienced the carousel moving backward…> > Phlogiston-McWatt replies:> > If Mr MacCavity puts on the appropriate spectacles, he will see the carousel> slowly coming to a stop and then rapidly moving backwards every time > anything of a political nature is discussed! . This behaviour does disturb > most visitors to the fair. I believe Mr Hamilton Priday esq., the owner of > a derelict amusement park containing only secondhand and outdated machinery > is the only person who can sustain this usually sick-inducing direction.> > Mr MacCavity observed:> > But with the stubborn owner's insistence of playing only classical music > find the ride a little slow moving at times.> > Phlogiston-McWatt replies:> > Yes, that certainly impedes the forward velocity of the carousel at times > though this is a relatively minor fault. As a corrective, the Doctor > recommends a regular!
    dose of psychedelic music for Mr Holden.> > Mr MacCavity accu!
    sed:> >
    However the House of Mirrors run by you and DMB is equally unappealing, > distortion is fun for awhile but it gets old.> > Phlogiston-McWatt replies:> > I believe Mr Buchanan actually runs the House of Fun and very successfully I> believe. As the old bard used to say! , never is a truer word spoken in> jest!> > Mr MacCavity requested:> > Thanks to those who ignore your requests to leave this place one day may > actually be quite the show. I respectfully ask you to resign your illusory > position. This fair needs no stinking management.> > Phlogiston-McWatt replies:> > Firstly, please note that I bathe every day so do not fit in the category of> "stinking management". Moreover, without a management, the Freaks could > eventually take the fair over and if this unfortunate event ever happened, > it would no doubt quickly deteriorate and close. To assist the fair owner > to continue a high quality tradition of speculation and amusement, I will > presently have to politely declin!
    e your request.> > Good day to you, sir!> > Dr Phlogiston-McWatt.> > > Assistant Manager.> > Professor Pirsig's Wild West Chautauqua & Travelling Fair.> > > For further opportunities for self-improvement, come and see ! the splendid > attractions> > at www.anthonymcwatt.co.uk !> > _________________________________________________________________> It's fast, it's easy and it's free. Get MSN Messenger 7.0 today! > http://messenger.msn.co.uk> > > > MOQ.ORG - http://www.moq.org> Mail Archives:> Aug '98 - Oct '02 -> http://alt.venus.co.uk/hypermail/moq_discuss/> Nov '02 Onward -> http://www.venus.co.uk/hypermail/moq_discuss/summary.html> MD Queries - horse@darkstar.uk.net> > To unsubscribe from moq_discuss follow the instructions at:> http://www.moq.org/md/subscribe.html> >