MD Re: MF Discussion Topic for May 2005 - individual worth

From: Erin (macavity11@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri May 27 2005 - 23:54:29 BST

    The two diagrams that I sent last time got off---can you add them back in?

    Erin

    Erin <macavity11@yahoo.com> wrote:Hello MFers,

    I was just looking at these two representations and thinking about the difference between them. In the second diagram are you saying that the DQ at L1 is different from the DQ at L2 (i.e. also hierarchical)?
    One thing I don't like about the second diagram is that it is "slicing" DQ -- I like the contrast of the first---the divided/undivided
    One thing I do like about the second diagram is that it shows the pervasiveness of DQ.

    I am convinced that the static levels are a hierarchy but I am less convinced that a hierarchical representation is the best representation of DQ. Is a "dynamic" moment a breaking away from a hiearchy? or latching to a larger/better hiearchy?

    For example consider this quote by R. Wilson....

    " I suspect that such intelligence acts via feedback from all parts to all parts and without centralized sovereignity, like Internet; and that it does not function hierarchically."

    Thanks,
    Erin

    Or option b:

    L4 ->