Re: MD Our Immoral Supreme Court

From: mark maxwell (laughingpines@yahoo.co.uk)
Date: Sat Jul 02 2005 - 23:18:51 BST

    Hi Mark M:

    2.

    OK. As long as you leave the individual self free to
    determine the "relationship."

    Mark 2-7-05:
    I see you are insisting on a self but do not argue for
    it intellectually Platt.

    Mark 1-7-05:
    Governments have the power to make smoking illegal.

    Platt:
    Are you in favor of that?

    Mark 2-7-05:
    Yes.

    Platt:
    As previously stated, intellectually "no-self"
    presupposes a self.

    Mark 2-7-05:
    I beg your pardon Platt, I did not realise this was an
    argument.
    It may be argued that self is learned through
    imitating behaviour. Intellectual enquiery begins with
    this socially learned pattern and then questions it.
    The assumption is social but the rejection is
    intellectual Platt. See?

    regards,
    Mark