Re: MD Partisan Politics, Labels and Distraction (was terrorism)

From: Erin (macavity11@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Oct 17 2005 - 18:33:24 BST

    Arlo
    I agree with what you write about individual thinking
    I just don't think you are doing it when you lump
    liberals and conservatives together. If you want
    people to act/think as individuals then the first step
    is treating them as such and not lumping them into a
    "party people" category.

    Like Before you complained about using a "my team" or
    "your team" football analogy BUT you were the one who
    brought that analogy in the first place.

    Just like when you consistently make statements about
    "the right" and deny you don't follow Platt's
    left/right dichotomy.

    I just don't find consistency in your argument....and
    that isn't an insult I think it is hard to be
    consistent which these kind of topics.

    Basically I guess what I am saying is I agree with
    pretty much everything you wrote below I just don't
    agree that your behaviors/comments are always
    consistent with these beliefs.

    So again I don't think that it is me not understanding
    your beliefs, I just disagree that all of you
    behaviors/comments are consistent with them.

    Erin