RE: MD The Quality of removing Saddam Hussein from power.

From: Platt Holden (pholden@sc.rr.com)
Date: Thu Mar 20 2003 - 16:38:16 GMT

    Hi Kris, Kevin, All:

    Undoubtedly Kevin is correct in pointing out many reasons, both pro and
    con, for forcibly removing the leadership of Iraq. Beneath all the rhetoric,
    however, and fundamental to my support of the American position is my
    belief in the truth and implicit warning found in the following passage
    from Chapter 24 of "Lila."

    "And this is a war in which intellect, to end the paralysis of society, has
    to know whose side it is on, and support that side, never undercut it.
    Where biological values are undermining social values, intellectuals
    must identify social behavior, no matter what its ethnic connection, and
    support it all the way without restraint. Intellectuals must find biological
    behavior, no matter what its ethnic connection, and limit or destroy
    destructive biological patterns with complete moral ruthlessness, the
    way a doctor destroys germs, before those biological patterns destroy
    civilization itself."

    For me, this is "the Quality of removing Saddam Hussein."

    Platt