Re: MD Polygamy & marriage in general

From: Wim Nusselder (wim.nusselder@antenna.nl)
Date: Tue Apr 08 2003 - 10:09:01 BST

    Dear Matt K.,

    You wrote 7 Apr 2003 20:22:22 -0500:
    'I don't like it if [creating a context in which as many other stories as
    possible -but never all- get a meaning] is construed as saying, "we can't
    create a transcendental context, but we can create a historical context that
    contains everything so far, and just keep expanding that context to take in
    more and more as it comes along."'

    With 'all' I meant 'all so far'. I don't think we can (or should pretend to
    try to) create a 'frame story' containing every other story/narrative so
    far. 'As many as possible' is pretentious enough.

    So we seem to agree.

    With friendly greetings,

    Wim