Re: MD Undeniable Facts

From: johnny moral (johnnymoral@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Apr 23 2003 - 17:29:59 BST

    Hi Sam,

    Thanks for your sympathy. Slighting SQ is slighting morality, and the cause
    of defending morality needs defenders and sympathizers.

    >How do you understand serendipity, in MoQ terms?

    You mean, if something is unexpected or not desired, how can it happen, if
    DQ changes are all a direct result of our static desires and expectations?
    I certainly don't attribute anything magical to serendipity, it isn't the
    result of a leprechaun leading us to a treasure (though back when there were
    truly leprechauns, maybe it was).

    I see unexpected things happening, first of all, not very often (99.9999% of
    our experience we expect), and secondly, as a result of static pattern
    causes we simply weren't aware of at the time, or that we misjudged the
    interactions of. I may not expect to get a phone call from Britney Spears
    tonight, but she could pick up her phone and call my number, and if she does
    that, then she would expect my phone to ring and me to answer. It may seem
    like serendipity to me, but to her it was completely expected, and if my
    phone didn't ring when she called it would be strange to her. So one
    person's serendipity is another persons logical necessity. Even if no other
    person were involved, logical necessity is involved. I expect that if
    someone were to investigate (which someone could always do), a cause would
    be found for everything, we wouldn't find a discontinuity between
    serendipity happening in one place and inexplicable mundane normalcy
    everywhere else, we'd find the trail that the serindipity came to us on.

    Though I see each of our conciousnesses creating the world based on the
    static patterns that we perceive, one of the fundamental expectations we
    have is that all of us live in a coherent and continuous world, under the
    same laws. So though I might not expect or understand everything that
    happens, I fully expect there to be a logical explanation for everything,
    discovered sometime in the future.

    Johnny