Re: MD awareness hierarchy?

From: Platt Holden (pholden@sc.rr.com)
Date: Sun Apr 27 2003 - 15:23:47 BST

    Steve:

    > I also was interested in what you might say about one who is aware of
    > intellectual patterns. I had the same question as Wim. On what level
    > would that person be on?

    A perfect question to engender infinite regress. Who is the I that knows
    me? How many levels must I postulate to think about thinking about
    thinking? Or be aware that I am aware of my own awareness. Or who
    created the creator of God the creator?. Such questions only stop when
    one settles on an answer that he can say, "Well, that's good enough
    me," including Wittgenstein's answer, "Whereof one cannot speak,
    thereof one must be silent."

    Platt