RE: MD The Giant

From: David Buchanan (DBuchanan@ClassicalRadio.org)
Date: Fri Jul 11 2003 - 02:09:29 BST

    Rick, Steve and all:

    Rick said:
    I'm glad you brought this up. As I mentioned to someone in a thread a few
    days ago, I'm still undecided on whether the concept of a 4th level Giant is
    coherent. Like yourself, I'm currently leaning towards believing it's not.
    I was just playing around...

    dmb adds:
    Maybe "giant" wouldn't be the best word, but it seems pretty clear that
    intellectual systems have a kind of immune system, can evolve, grow, spawn
    new intellectual systems and otherwise acts like a living creature. The
    fourth level doesn't seem as exploitive or lethal as the social level giant,
    but it can be ruthless in its own way, I guess.