Re: MD Lila's Child (SOM)

From: Steve Peterson (peterson.steve@verizon.net)
Date: Sat Aug 02 2003 - 20:18:54 BST

    Hi Squonk,

    You said:

    > After reading Lila upon its publication i began to drop my culturally
    > inherited division of experience into subjects and objects. For me, experience
    > is a process.

    Could you (or anyone) explain what the 'division of experience into subjects
    and objects' means. Are you talking about differentiating the one that
    experiences from that which is experienced or dividing an experience into
    experience of subjects from experience of objects?

    I'm trying to nail down what SOM is. Do you think that mind-substance
    metaphysics would be another name for the same thing?

    >To address it directly, i would
    > argue that the MoQ does not replace that which you describe, rather, it
    > reinstates experience as primary reality.

    I didn't mean for it to be a replacement, just perhaps a useful translation
    of one to the other.

    Thanks,
    Steve