Re: MD Pirsig, Falck, and Wolfram

From: johnny moral (johnnymoral@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Aug 13 2003 - 17:46:25 BST

    Platt wrote:

    >Hi Lars,
    >
    >First, a warm welcome to the discussion of the MOQ. New blood is like
    >DQ, creating new value patterns of thought. You've set the stage for a
    >fresh avenues of inquiry.

    Platt, is Lars DQ? Perhaps all things that you think are DQ are only "like
    DQ", and are in fact more like Lars? Ie, they are patterns that have been
    around, existing and experiencing things, but you have never crossed paths
    with them before? Lars's blood is not new, he's had it all his life, and it
    was conceived by his mom and dad in a very natural and unambiguous way, it
    was never undefined or other-worldly.

    (Hi Lars - I'm a DQ party-pooper here, I believe "DQ" is used as a religious
    fudge factor to introduce subjective opinion into any discourse, as well as
    a 7th Calvary to weasel out of tight spots in arguments about the
    metaphysics. If you want to justify breaking a moral pattern, just cite
    "DQ" and you're all set. If something is contradictory or tautological,
    just cite "DQ" and your all set. I do see a role for something that can be
    called DQ in the creation of new patterns when existing patterns cross
    paths, but I see it as completely deterministic, its creations entirely the
    necessary result of other static patterns.)