RE: MD Value of thinking

From: johnny moral (johnnymoral@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Aug 15 2003 - 00:27:59 BST

    Hi Scott and Paul,

    I was just reading Kant's Metaphysics of Morals, and saw that Kant equates
    "moral" and "intelligible": "...we consider ourselves in a moral
    (intelligible) world..." So to the extent that intelligence and
    intelligible are related (how is that, exactly?) , then an MOI has some
    solid backing.

    Now, I can see how intelligibility and morality are the same, because
    intelligence to me is being able to expect things, and morality is what is
    expected. But I wonder how else one could equate them?

    Johnny