RE: MD economics of want and greed 4

From: Ian Glendinning (ian@psybertron.org)
Date: Thu Aug 28 2003 - 19:00:24 BST

    You're right Wim, I did just latch onto one point that already interested
    me, rather than looking for what your point was. Sorry about that,perhaps I
    should have changed the thread title.

    I'm surprised the parallel between Maslow and Pirsig isn't more obvious to
    more people. It smacked me right between the eyes the first time I read
    Pirsig.

    Satisfaction of basic physical / biological needs at the lowest level
    Satisfaction of social needs in the middle.
    Satisfaction of individual self-fulfillment / intellectual needs at the top.

    What I was trying to say is that there is a strong parallel, even if there
    isn't a one to one mapping between specific levels, or any direct link
    betwen the two.

    (The evolutionary psychology bit is another story, as you say.)

    Ian Glendinning