Re: RE: RE: MD economics of want and greed 4

From: ERIN NOONAN (enoonan@kent.edu)
Date: Sat Aug 30 2003 - 14:44:05 BST

    Ian Glendinning wrote:

    >Erin,
    >
    >I can't imagine many people coming across Malsow unless they were into
    >business management.
    >I was pointing out similarities / parallels.
    >This isn't a beauty contest, but I also said Pirsig was more important
    >(general) than Maslow.
    >Maslow is evidence that Pirsig is onto something important if you like.
    >
    >Ian

    Well a general interest in psychology of course.
    I was just noting how those two seem to go hand in hand in my
    experience.
    I am not clear why, so advertisers can tell you what you need to be
    self-actualized ;-)
    I commented on your post because you said you saw Pirsig and Maslow as
    being so similar. I don't, I think there are too many differences.
    I don't know what you are talking about beauty contests. But Pirsig hit
    a homer and Maslow didn't in my opinion.

    Erin