Re: MD liberals, conservatives & suffering

From: Sam Norton (elizaphanian@tiscali.co.uk)
Date: Sat Aug 30 2003 - 16:40:01 BST

    Hi Scott,

    I agreed with what you said here, but I was wondering if you felt it undermined the monolith of
    'subject-object metaphysics' which is put up by Pirsig as the opposition of the MoQ. I'm coming to
    think that SOM as such only really kicked in after the scientific revolution and - as you point
    out - it doesn't really apply to those intellectual systems (often neo-Platonic) which emphasise
    participation. (As did medieval Christian theology, in parts, of course).

    Cheers
    Sam