Re: MD What is a person?

From: David MOREY (us@divadeus.freeserve.co.uk)
Date: Wed Oct 08 2003 - 19:30:30 BST

    Wim

    Also interesting and with quite a lot of agreement from me.
    Agency is associated with the capacity to use conceptual
    models to examine different possible futures and make choices.
    I wonder if quantum physics and its probability fields should be
    seen as a sort of presence of the future in the now, a probability
    field is the presentation in the now of the options available in the
    given circumstances/situation/historic place and time. Agency is then
    linked to the collapse of the wave function, choice/contingency/event
    reduces the possible/transcendent to the actual/particular. I think Penrose
    thinks a bit like this. So that agency should be seen as an aspect of time,
    and reflects that time is the passing of the possible/open into the
    present/past
    of particularity/event/finitude.

    regards
    David Morey