Re: MD MOQ and Islam

From: David MOREY (us@divadeus.freeserve.co.uk)
Date: Tue Feb 17 2004 - 19:04:49 GMT

    Hi Khalil

    Thanks for info and thoughts. I hope you can
    add some new thinking to our discussion.
    I do not know much about Islam. Much of
    Pirsig's thought looks at our understanding of
    science, and whilst I am interested in religious thought,
    I think that this should remain in dynamic interaction with
    the scientific understanding of nature, espeically as science
    is very dynamic and breaks us out of exclusively human
    conversation and human authority. How does Islan relate to
    both science and authority? I think Pirsig's commitment to truth
    and freedom issues a challenge to religious thinking that it
    needs to take very seriously.

    regards
    David M