RE: MD Time

From: David Buchanan (DBuchanan@ClassicalRadio.org)
Date: Sat Feb 21 2004 - 03:54:01 GMT

    Brian asked:
    I'm trying to find the ...passage. It described an indian tribe's view of
    time. ...They envisioned the future being behind them, as it cannot be
    seen.
    Does anyone recall if this idea was written in one of Pirsig's books?

    dmb says:
    I vaguely recall it. I think it was Pirsig in ZAMM. As I recall, it wasn't a
    Indian tribe, but the ancient Greeks. The thing I remember most distinctly
    is the idea of time itself. Its like looking out the back window of a moving
    car. The recent past is right in front of your eyes and is quickly getting
    further away and harder to see. The future scenes are coming from behind,
    where you can not yet see. Wish I had more, but that's it.