Re: MD SQ-SQ coherence and the Biosphere.

From: Matthew Poot (mattpoot@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Apr 22 2004 - 21:48:41 BST

    Hello everyone,

    I thought that I would just post something interesting I found from one of
    the members here concerning the migration towards DQ.

    and the paradox of why "life" appears to move towards order in apparent
    contradiction of the 2nd law. Actually, the paradox is false for reasons
    closely related to Pirsig's levels of organisation; biological
    "organisation" proceeds to higher order precisely because it allows more
    *molecular* disorder! It also can explain the evolutionary trend from simple
    (single cells) to higher complexity (muticellular organisms, families,
    communities, ecosystems etc..).

    -Jonathan Marder

    I would write, but I have little time

    Poot