Re: MD Religion of the future.

From: Matthew Poot (mattpoot@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Apr 25 2004 - 19:25:54 BST

    Hi everyone,

    Mark: You've partly answered my question regarding metaphysics. Wilbur's
    metaphysics is evolutionary, but what is evolving? I imagine it is
    consciousness that is evolving?
    Consciousness is the stuff of reality? I expect Wilbur comes in for the same
    criticism of his metaphysics as Pirsig does, the old metaphysics deals with
    definitions chestnut

    Poot: I suppose that conciousness would be the 'stuff' of reality,
    including the sub and un. I mean, what else is there if you think about it?
    What we sense, and what we think? is there anything else? for all
    intensive purposes no.

    I mean, there is an environment existing outside of us (unless I am insane,
    and you are all/everything is a figment of my imagination), which
    operates/exists on its own, but for us........reality is comprised of what
    we think of (conciousness in its various forms) and what we sense.

    One thing that I think , personally, would make this whole thread (and many
    others here) more easily communicable, would be the lack of quoting others.
    I mean, really, all of us here seem to be so close together, and many times
    trying to say the same thing, or actually saying the same thing, but then
    because we cannot communicate it very well (at nobodys fault, its just
    really hard) fall into dissaray.

    The reason I think we shouldn't use quotes so much, is because if we all
    used our own language (giving due explanation to help interpretation) then
    the direction of our conversations would be more clear. Quotes seems can
    seem to sometimes be very divisive, somehow.

    Time is short,

    What do you think?

    POot