MD Mussolini: Splendid chap.

From: Valuemetaphysics@aol.com
Date: Wed Jun 02 2004 - 23:18:58 BST

    In a message dated 6/2/04 10:44:55 PM GMT Daylight Time, pholden@sc.rr.com
    writes:

    > Well, I don't see that Europe looks to the U.S. for leadership in matters
    > of justice anyway. In fact, we get precious little praise for saving
    > Europe from totalitarian rule twice in the last 100 years. I'm always
    > stunned by the lack of gratitude on the part of Europeans towards the U.S.

    Hi Platt,
    You very seriously need to begin reading 'Deterring democracy' by Noam
    Chomsky.
    For example, are you aware how much the American government approved of
    Mussolini when he came to power? Mussolini was described as, "a splendid chap."
    Mussolini was supported, as was Hitler, and both described as 'moderates' by
    the US government of the time.
    This is a matter of congressional record. It is there in black and white.

    This stance changed considerably, as we both know. But what i wish for you to
    understand is this: If the US government's officially declared position is
    researched prior to the beginning of World war 2, it is a matter of official
    documentation that the US preferred fascism to democracy in Italy and Germany.
    If you consult a map of Europe, you will note that England and France are in
    close proximity to Germany and Italy. It was England and France who had to
    deal with fascism on their doorstep, and not the US, who supported fascism as a
    matter of official record.

    Unless you are going to tell me that you, Platt Holden, know better than your
    own government's official records, you have no recourse but to agree with me.

    Please educate yourself to the facts Platt?
    You may do this a number of ways; the best way would be for you to research
    the congretional archives and disprove Noam Chomsky.

    By the way, Sadham Hussien was also described as a middle Eastern 'moderate'
    when it suited the US in the 80's. (About the time he was being armed with
    nerve gas by Donald Rumsfeld.) I suppose we should all be thankful to the US for
    rescuing us from WMD's should we?

    All the best,
    Mark