Re: MD the metaphysics of free-enterprise

From: Dan Glover (daneglover@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Jul 11 2004 - 17:57:50 BST

    Hello everyone

    >From: "David Morey" <us@divadeus.freeserve.co.uk>
    >To: <moq_discuss@moq.org>
    >Subject: Re: MD the metaphysics of free-enterprise
    >Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 15:31:41 +0100
    >
    >Hi Dan
    >
    >I get your drift. The allocation of resources
    >is tricky business. In fact my concern would be
    >less with respect to inequality within our technological
    >societies than with making it possible for people to do things
    >to explore their lives and not be too obsessed with commerce
    >and materialism, such as taking off on a bike trip. Wealthy
    >kids seem to get lots of chances to play at life, poor kids
    >have far fewer choices.

    Hi David

    If only I had been born rich instead of handsome who knows what I could have
    done with my life. But I guess we all have to play the hand dealt us. RMP
    wrote of his time at Blake and it struck a chord with me. While the rich
    kids were riding to school in their limos and dreaming of being doctors and
    lawyers I was out in the field picking asparagus so I could buy some decent
    clothes. Things haven't changed much. Sometimes I feel like I'm still out
    there in that field, walking up and down the endless rows. I remember the
    early morning rain on the roof meant I could sleep in. That's my only
    solace.

    Dan

    Get fast, reliable Internet access with MSN 9 Dial-up – now 2 months FREE!