From: Horse (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Date: Mon Oct 04 2004 - 00:55:47 BST
The results of the Call for Votes for October 2004 are shown below.
This months topic is
#1 From Sam Norton
"Is 'subject-object metaphysics' just another word for Cartesianism? If not, is there
another description of it that might be recognised by the academic community?"
I'm interested in exploring for connections between the MoQ and present day
academia, to try and break out of our ghetto.
Please make sure that you have read the rules etc. for this list (they're reproduced after the
PLEASE DON'T FORGET:
2 posts per member per week
Votes for topics
Voters and Selection
David Morey - 1
Jaap Karssenberg - 1
Gert-Jan Peeters - 2
Adam Watt - 1
Sam Norton - 1
David Buchanan - 2
Rick Valence - 2
Horse - 1
MOQ FOCUS RULES, REMEDIES AND RECOMMENDATIONS
1) Members must have read both ZEN AND THE ART OF MOTORCYCLE
MAINTENANCE and LILA.
2) LILA'S CHILD by Dan Glover with annotations by Robert Pirsig is also *highly*
3) Members may post only two messages per week (except for topic-question
suggestions, voting, and Opinions).
4) Every post must be relevant to the topic-question.
5) Members must express themselves clearly, concisely and courteously.
6) Members may not use html email nor send attachments.
7) Although there is no strict word-limit on posts, members are asked to try and keep
posts to a reasonable length.
8) The MF moderator reserves the right to block any posts which break these rules.
9) If a member believes his or her post has been unjustly blocked by the moderator, the
moderator's decision may be appealed one time to the full Steering Committee. The
decision of the Steering Committee is final.
10) Posts which are blocked from MF by the moderator should not be posted to MD
without the express permission of the moderator or the Steering Committee. Reposting
to MD in the absence of such permission could result in action from the Discussion
Facilitators ranging from a gentle warning and reminder of the forum rules to permanent
removal from one or both lists.
11) (a) "Topic-Hijacking" - Because experience has taught us that allowing the MF
topics to spill over into MD quickly kills the activity on the MF list, the Steering
Committee respectfully requests that members do not carry MF topics into the MD forum
until the MF discussion of the topic is officially over.
(b) "Suggestion-Hijacking" - Similarly, it is respectfully requested that members do not
initiate discussions in the MD based on topic-suggestions offered in the MF by other
members, which have not yet been voted upon, without first securing the permission of
the member who made the suggestion.
------- End of forwarded message -------
MOQ.ORG - http://www.moq.org
Mail Archive - http://alt.venus.co.uk/hypermail/moq_focus/
MF Queries - email@example.com
To unsubscribe from moq_focus follow the instructions at:
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.5 : Mon Oct 04 2004 - 01:05:41 BST