LS (No subject)

DENNIS ELGIE (circusshot@hotmail.com)
Mon, 7 Sep 1998 14:35:12 +0100

To Lila Squad.

I was thinking back to when Pirsig was talking about a native tribe that
had no word in there language for Time, thus Time was meaningless to
them.

I tried today to imagine not having the luxury of using time in a
conversation, it eliminates words such as when and was and a whole bunch
of others.

I think it is possible that if a culture did not have a clue what time
is they are closer to dynamic Quality than say our culture who values
time very highly.

By not accepting time as existing you would only be living for now and
wouldn't think about the future or the past as really existing because
there is no way to put a time to say it did exist.

Dennis