Re: LS static & Dynamic

From: Mary Wittler (mwittler@geocities.com)
Date: Tue May 04 1999 - 18:43:13 BST

Hi Magnus, Roger, David*2, & All,

Magnus Berg wrote:

> When we point at a thing, say a radio, we don't just mean the static patterns
> of the radio, but also its dynamic qualities. It might break, bad reception
> causes noise, etc. All such dynamic aspects are also part of what it is like
> to be a radio.

Is DQ, then, another word for the unpredictable? If so, how do we know
that we are seeing DQ instead of a pattern we have yet to recognize?
Does our ability to predict an event mean that that event is no longer
Dynamic? As we progress in our studies of science, do the number of
things that are Dynamic start to shrink? How do we know that something
is Dynamic?

hmmm,
Mary

MOQ Online - http://www.moq.org