LS The dying of DQ becomes the birth of SQ.

From: pclark (pclark@ipa.net)
Date: Wed Aug 25 1999 - 23:49:26 BST

Johannes writes:
In my opinion, there cannot be a real coexistence
between DQ and SQ. SQ is eating DQ. SQ is
absorbing DQ. It is a kind of metamorphosis: A
small piece of DQ dies and gets a small piece of
new SQ, which fits into the complete volume of SQ,
representing mans scientific, cultural and social
world. Sometimes it substitutes another one,
sometimes it is just an addition to our knowlegde.
So there is nothing outside those both: DQ or SQ,
nothing else! No Zone between them, only a
dividing line.

Clark writes:
  Your letter contains the clearest explanation of the interaction of DQ
and SQ that I have seen.
   I interpret you as saying, and I agree with you, that we cannot be
consciously aware of being influenced by DQ and SQ simultaneously. My
interpretation of SQ is that it is the totality of our conscious awareness
of all of the influences that make up our understanding of our universe at
any given time.
  My understanding of DQ is that it is the totality of the influences below
the level of awareness that are influencing us continuously which operate
to alter our SQ conscious awareness, or, our understanding of our world at
any given time.
  My answer to the months question is that there is a continual interplay
between subconscious DQ and conscious SQ that tends to cause our
understanding of our particular worlds to grow and broaden.
  Since we can never be consciously aware of the operation of DQ then we
can never be CONSCIOUSLY aware of obtaining DQ and SQ simultaneously. We
can be pleasantly or unpleasantly aware of ongoing changes in our SQ but
once the actual awareness occurs it is no longer DQ but becomes conscious
SQ.

MOQ.org - http://www.moq.org