Re: MD On Faith

From: Ian Glendinning (ian@psybertron.org)
Date: Thu Oct 14 2004 - 14:08:45 BST

    Erin,

    I don't think Marsha was pushing buddhism per se - just pointing out its dynamic qualities as being naturally attractive to those who have confidence in the MoQ, unlike the controlling / deistic / mystical faith religions.

    (I'm genuinely baffled how these survive on this board. Valid subject for debate / discussion, but how believers in these faiths can find anything in common with MoQites leaves me speechless.)

    Agnosticism is merely a tactic of suspending disbelief to avoid an argument - not a belief in itself, unlike atheism. You've reminded me of one of the threads I really like in Life of Pi. Magic book.

    Ian