Re: MD On Faith

From: Erin (macavity11@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Oct 18 2004 - 01:10:45 BST

    Horse <horse@darkstar.uk.net> wrote:
    Hi Erin

    On 14 Oct 2004 at 19:39, macavity11 wrote:

    > [Horse]
    > > I think so too. Materialism has been the dominant belief in Science for a long time but
    > > as Science struggles to explain phenomena beyond the merely physical this will
    > > eventually change. As with other systems though, there is still a lot of momentum to be
    > > overcome.
    >
    > I am saying here that what I think will eventually change is the dominance of Materialism
    > in Science, not that that Science will eventually explain phenomena beyond the merely
    > physical.
    >
    > Hi Horse,
    > Your comments did help in distinguishing the two for me and so I do see better what you are
    > saying but the two still seem to go hand in hand to me (and so still kind of seems like faith--
    > though I can see yourexperience argument better now)
    > Erin

    Well I've always maintained that I don't have sufficient knowledge to be certain of most
    things (in an absolute sense) so maybe this is a fallout from that. All I can say is that so
    far Science has been good at what it is supposed to do but how far that can go I have no
    idea. If that's what you see as faith then I can only disagree.

    See ya

    Horse

    well not in that wording I don't :-)
     when you say you have no idea how far it can go it doesn't seem like faith, when you say you think it will change it does seem like faith

    Erin