MD Painting Quality

From: Platt Holden (pholden@sc.rr.com)
Date: Thu Oct 21 2004 - 13:23:44 BST

    Hi Jain,

    Welcome to the discussion of Pirsig's Metaphysics of Quality. I'm
    interested in your "writing and assessing the qualities of paintings." I'm
    curious about you mean by "artistic intentions" and how you determine such
    intentions by viewing a painting.

    I also wonder if you agree with Ken Wilber that, "Great art dissolve ego
    in nondual consciousness and is to that extent experienced as an epiphany,
    a revelation, a release or liberation--great art as release from the
    tyranny of the separate self sense."

    Any comments you wish to make would be appreciated. Thanks.

    Platt