Re: MD Is Morality Relative?

From: Erin (macavity11@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Dec 06 2004 - 02:02:53 GMT

    Platt,

    I guess it is because I don't see how you can accept something provisionally and accept it as an absolute without getting flaky.

    Maybe if you could explain how it should be taken as provisional and absolutely (Actually I can see how it can be both but not without being contradictory) I am not sure if we should shun contradictions as flaky though either. Do you think paradoxes are flaky?

    Erin

    Beginning the list of absolutes:

    1. I'm absolutely certain the MOQ should be taken as provisional.

    2. I'm absolutely certain someone believes there are no absolutes.

    3. I'm absolutely certain someone wrote, "If a paragraph ever had a Platt
    essence this would be it."

    Shall I go on?

    Anyway, what IS your problem with absolutes? Are you not certain of
    anything? Your name, perhaps? Or that two bodies can't occupy the same
    space at the same time? Or that someday you are going to die?

    Will someone please explain why the word "absolute" is considered to be
    anathema?

    Platt