RE: MD Is the MoQ still in the Kantosphere?

From: David Buchanan (DBuchanan@ClassicalRadio.org)
Date: Sun Dec 26 2004 - 23:17:27 GMT

    Sam Norton said to dmb:
    Are you able to explain, to such a dunder-head as I, in words of few
    syllables, and preferably less
    than about 20 of them, what you understand to be 'non-traditional
    mysticism'. I find that I
    sometimes drown in your torrent of words, only some of which pertain to the
    point at issue.

    dmb says:
    In less than 20 words of few syllables? Yesterday I was condescending and
    today I'm over your head?
    And if you have questions about what I'm saying, for God's sake, why don't
    you simply ask me?

    How about if I just point to an example of non-traditional mysticism and you
    can explore it at your at your own pace? And I don't just mean to give you a
    homework assignment or otherwise throw the question back in your lap. In
    fact, I'd be more than happy to discuss it with you as you go along. You'll
    find a very accessable and down to earth description in a book called LILA.
    It was written by Robert Pirsig and was published in the early 1990's. Ever
    heard of it?

    Sorry, but its hard not to be sarcastic here. I mean, what the heck do you
    think I've been talking about? Pirsig's philosophical mysticism is
    non-traditional mysticism.

    If you think ONLY SOME of the comments or ideas presented in my "torrent of
    words" pertain to the topic, then you are not getting me. Sometimes I might
    give more detail than is necessary, but I'm sticking to the topic pretty
    well. Please trust me there. If it seems like something is unconnected or
    irrelevant, you'd be doing us both a favor to say so, to raise it as an
    issue. Don't just gloss over stuff because it seems like an irrevelancy. I'm
    not that much of a hack. Either I have failed to make the connection clear
    or you are misreading things. Either way, there will be no clearing it up
    unless you get specific and point our such things. I mean, its not entirely
    fair or honest to pretend to have a conversation with someone if you're not
    really understanding them, or even listening to them, is it? And its almost
    a certainty that confusion would result.