Re: MD Disappointed

From: Platt Holden (pholden@sc.rr.com)
Date: Wed Feb 05 2003 - 14:44:22 GMT

    Hi Horse:

    Unlike Jonathan I fully support your decision to unsubscribe Glenn and
    Struan. Their deliberate and calculated use of verbal abuse should not
    be tolerated in a site devoted to quality. Maintaining civil discourse is
    absolutely necessary in a democratic forum. Gratuitous name calling is
    legitimate cause for removal because it intimidates others from
    speaking. By making it possible for all to express their views without
    fear of being smeared and vilified, you are upholding a high intellectual
    value--the right of free speech. For that you have my highest respect.
    And, as always, you have my gratitude for continuing to make this site
    possible.

    Platt