Re: Re[2]: MD Probably Silly Questions..

From: ian glendinning (psybertron@gmail.com)
Date: Tue May 10 2005 - 21:47:26 BST

    Mike, welcome also,

    It's great to see a newcomer with a positive enthusiastic vibe for
    Pirsig's Quality, despite the fact, like myself and many others if
    we're honest, you express lack of confidence in explaining exactly
    what it is - other than "read the book" - which I'm sure Mark has.
    (Part of the problem explaining it is that we all have evolved mental
    models of the world, even if we espouse MoQ, that place so much
    mis-placed weight on "objectivity" - as (IMHO) you correctly identify.

    Too many of "us" on here are cynical old bu**ers, with some axe to
    grind (aka thesis) about the MoQ.

    (On indexes - ZMM exists in electronic on-line forms - and one MoQ
    member has an on-line index to Lila also.)

    Ian