Re: MD Time

From: ian glendinning (psybertron@gmail.com)
Date: Tue May 31 2005 - 02:17:54 BST

    Scott, I don't disagree - I just see a nihilistic conclusion if you
    drive down that track without a though for pragmatic value.

    Where I say "... of everything real". Clearly that is just linguistic
    like everything else - not just human, though in this case I happen to
    be one. Everything is semiotic, the metaphor of some intelligence,
    ascribing significance in patterns "observed" in the broadest sense.
    Without that symbolic patterning, we would just have the continuum of
    the "out there", right ?

    You see me as constrained by the "modernist" framework - I just see it
    as one lingusitic sub-set that needs its boundaries pushed out to a
    point where it is no longer constraining.

    Ian