RE: MD NAZIs and Pragmatism

From: Kevin (kevin@xap.com)
Date: Tue Feb 11 2003 - 23:10:05 GMT

    Erin says:
     ROTFLMAO. Until hearing the call to action, it never occurred to me to
    participate in such activities lol. How is talking about metaphysics
    here interfering with these actions? So the "call for action" hype is
    about doing these kind of things? Where does metaphysics lead
    you off the path of "learning to tap dance" AKA
    the road less travelled.
    I was imagining something bigger or something
    thats not already being done I guess.
    So basically this "call for action" lecture
    boils down to keep on doing what you do?

    P.S. Was that offer to mow your lawn sincere or
    are you a big tease?
    I always felt I could make a difference
    in the world if I could just have access
    Kevin's lawn...no riding lawn mower either..
    I want to do it the hard way to symbolically
    represent the struggles of modern day
    yard owners.

    Kevin:
    Glad you caught the humor that was intended. And yes, I think mowing my
    lawn would do you wonders:D

    My list contains self-improvement projects and public-improvement
    projects. For self-improvement, you can simply keep doing what you're
    doing if that is making you happy.

    For public-improvement, the point is that agreement over metaphysics
    isn't necessary for success. More to the point, insisting on a
    metaphysical foundation on which to construct our public goals would
    probably be disastrously counter-productive.

    We don't need to agree on a defintion of God or Quality or even the
    purpose of life in order to cooperate and find agreement for what's the
    best way to run our national economy or how to fund public education.

    Oh, and once you're done with the lawn, please do stop by the house for
    some ice cold lemonade and recreational metaphysical debate:D

    I can't tap dance,
    Kevin