Re: MD Making sense of it (levels)

From: Platt Holden (pholden@sc.rr.com)
Date: Fri Feb 28 2003 - 16:08:30 GMT

    Hi Johnny:

    > you asked me: >Whose expectation?
    >
    > Well, for the most part, if we are sane we share a common morality, so we
    > share common expectations. And even if they are slightly different, by the
    > time reality hits, all of us who experience it have had them brought
    > together. We may each expect different teams to win the football game when
    > it starts, but by the time the clock runs down the last few seconds, our
    > expectations have begun to all merge, and at 0:00, our expectations have
    > created reality. We may have different (but probably similar) expectations
    > about if Schroedinger's cat is alive or dead after a certain amount of
    > time, but when the box is opened and we both look in, our expectations
    > become identical and we see the same sight.
    >
    > Changing our expectations takes place in pre-cognition and reality is what
    > we are then cognizant of. The quality event that creates the observor and
    > the observed acts on our expectations. And then, by having all of our
    > expectations brought into synergy, a shared common reality emerges. DQ is
    > what changes our expectations and creates the static reality that we see at
    > any one instant. In that sense, then, at the moment of creation, DQ IS the
    > static reality. But by the time we are aware of it, it has already left
    > that static reality behind and is busy creating the next one. When we have
    > very strong and sure expectations, like we do about gravity for example,
    > then DQ doesn't have to do any dynamic adjusting, so the static reality
    > that we see is DQ. This would explain why being emersed in rituals is said
    > to help to see DQ, because if our expectations don't require any
    > pre-cognitive adjustment to create reality, then what we see when we look
    > at static reality looks like DQ.

    Are you saying that our expectations create reality? Like if I expect the
    U.S. to withdraw troops from the Middle East it will happen? I'm
    confused. About all I can gather from your explanation is that we all
    expect to have a future but not necessarily the same future except that
    some things will occur and other things won't, like the example of the
    football game and the cat. Perhaps if you gave a few more examples of
    how expectation creates reality and how DQ can be static when by
    definition it's dynamic, I would see the light.

    Platt