MD bullshit

From: gav (gav_gc@yahoo.com.au)
Date: Sat Oct 15 2005 - 07:16:47 BST

    i have recently been very impressed by the quality
    contributions on this list, many of them from people
    who are new to me. this is very heartening.
    but.....

    excuse me for being tactless but i find it
    intellectually offensive that we are even discussing
    party politics when it is obvious that the whole thing
    is a sham, designed to placate and exploit the masses.
    if platt wants to stick his head up his arse i say
    just let him.

    not meaning to be alarmist, well.....i am actually:
    don't get sidetracked! disengaging from our socially
    conditioned reality (making the unconscious conscious)
    and re-engaging with the planet, gaia, the
    intelligence resident within and the source of the
    natural world...this is key.

    my girlfriend bel disagreed with john hume (irish
    polly who was awarded an honorary doctorate at ant's
    grad ceremony in liverpool) and to a lesser extent
    robert pirsig after ant's graduation ceremony. she
    said that more fundamental than conflicts or
    alienation between peoples is our general alienation
    from the natural world. john didn't agree but i think
    robert gave the idea more considered attention. i
    agree totally.

    the idea ain't new: ever read voltaire's candide?
    (ends with an exhortation to simply tend one's garden
    and not worry about politics, fame, fortune or fancy
    ladies, amongst other things).

    the planet is a single integrated organism. we are
    part of it. we usually 'think' (and therefore act)
    like we are not. we are ignoring an intelligence
    greater than our own and this is at our peril.

    how do we get in touch with this intelligence? by
    spending time in nature, by growing our own food, by
    caring for animals and most efficient of all:
    psychadelics. psilocybin containing mushrooms probably
    catalysed the evolution of human consciousness (just
    finsihed 'food of the gods' by terence mckenna:
    excellent). mushrooms are the fruiting bodies of
    fungal hyphae that form an underground network that
    connects and supports all plant life, directly, and,
    indirectly, much animal life. these mushrooms
    reconnect us to each other and the planet. this is why
    they are there. this is why cows are sacred in india!
    these mushrooms grow in cowshit!

    intellectual speculation is not enough. it helps but,
    as with the moq, the pinnacle, the source, DQ, is
    beyond conceptualisation. we can't comprehend the
    mystical, the mystery at the centre of existence. we
    have to experience it! if we don't then we are stuck
    with the low grade stuff. the 'good' stuff is what we
    need: the real stuff: the ego-dissolving,
    consciousness expanding experience that stabilised
    co-operative, peaceful, sophisticated societies all
    over the planet for thousands of years. pirsig
    experienced this; experienced this 'homecoming' with
    the peyote ceremony in lila.

    so we have yet another great example of why politics
    and anything to do with white men in suits is a waste
    of time: a distraction at best. psychadelics showed
    immense promise as therapeutic agents in the 50s and
    60s, but now... nada

    mushrooms, LSD,ecstasy, any other ego-dissolving
    consciousness expanding substance (natural or not) is
    illegal because it *is* consciousness expanding and
    ego-dissolving. that is why! our 'dominator' (mckenna)
    culture relies on (usually male) egos being big and
    solid and stupid. thats why alcohol is A-okay!! cant
    get more stupid than that. that's why cocaine is
    tolerated, for the rich anyway: big ego city! and
    cigarettes? well that's just slavery in another guise
    so that's business as usual ('captive market' may be
    the technical term).

    it is time for us to take reponsibility for our own
    existence. no more relying on corporations and
    governments whom i suspect dont have our best
    interests at heart. hey call me paranoid.

    phew!
    just had to get that out.