MD Truth

From: Valuemetaphysics@aol.com
Date: Fri Oct 17 2003 - 13:41:17 BST

    Dear Forum,
    Have been thinking about truth.
    More specifically - Ultimate truth and conventional truth.
    This made me consider the relationship between the two; presumably Ultimate
    truth would explain conventional truth.

    Conventional truth appears to be validated by social approval, which then
    becomes a static intellectual pattern.
    Ultimate truth appears to be closer to a code of art, and one which is not
    accepted by dominating social approval, but actually is a static intellectual
    pattern for those who cultivate wisdom.

    The MoQ appears to be pushing a code of art into the arena of conventional
    truth. I realise this may not be the case for many of the present contributors
    to the forum in Autumn 2003, but i may be wrong.

    How does the forum feel about this?
    Mark