Re: MD SOLAQI as Greeks bearing gifts

From: David MOREY (us@divadeus.freeserve.co.uk)
Date: Thu Feb 05 2004 - 20:07:51 GMT

    Hi Bo

    I find the fall and rise mythos useful
    in many schemes of analysis. Cosmologically
    I assume that the ultimate beginining is some
    kind of whole/Onesness/Nothingness. The creation
    of finite existence is a sort of fall into materiality, more and more
    SQ until we reach complex molecules all their association with
    deterministic causality. From there thinks march upwards again to
    greater wholeness and more DQ and less SQ. Within the human
    level I see SO divide as a retracing of this cosmic story, dividing
    whole quality experience into a SO divide where we discover objects as
    causally determined and utterly other to our subjectivity. From this
    alienated position we can try putting things back together again so we
    go both beyond the SO divide and return to a pre-alienated and more
    holistic conception, an example of which is MOQ. See Arthur M Young's
    Reflexive Universe for a larger version of this scheme. Young suggest a
    number of falling (into SQ) levels of the inorganic before you hit
    the DQ driven levels (rising) of the organic: plants/animals/man.

    regards
    David M