Re: MD Truth and Understanding and Knowledge

From: David MOREY (us@divadeus.freeserve.co.uk)
Date: Wed Feb 11 2004 - 20:28:45 GMT

    Hi all

    Just like to add to the below:

    I did not make it clear that I think experiments
    and therefore science does have a privileged
    position in terms of truth. This is due to the fact that science can
    do controlled experiments that remove as many dynamic
    factors as possible from the system to create a closed system.
    Only then does science have a hope of isolating a static pattern.
    An expt is a rare and pure situation and not like day to day life and
    reality.
    Here we can get close to a conversation with nature that has some level
    of pattern and consistency. Now, outside of closed experimemts we have no
    such isolation, we cannot hear what nature has to say midst all the
    competing
    voices. Here truth is stuck with intersubjective agreement, fuzzy patterns,
    different perspectives giving different patterns, etc.

    regards
    David M