Re: MD Automatic or standard transmission?

From: SQUONKSTAIL@aol.com
Date: Fri Jun 20 2003 - 00:37:13 BST

    I would appreciate your thoughts on my theory about shifting of static
    patterns. Thoughts from people who drive standard transmission regularly
    would also be appreciated. ;)

    Cheers,

    - Pi

    Hi Pi,
    Only a complete fool would answer this.
    In my view stick shifting is a more Dynamic relationship between car and
    driver. (The gear stick is never very far away from the car's centre of gravity i
    believe?)
    Here is my driving tip for stick divers: Place your hand on the stick before
    using the clutch. If you change your mind and decide no change is necessary,
    you simply take your hand off the stick. Clutching simultaneously with hand -
    on - stick movement commits you.
    You can do other things also, like lots of engine breaking when its
    appropriate: Hand on stick, clutch, rev engine way up while simultaneously lowering
    gear(s), bring clutch in smoothly simultaneous hand back on wheel. Great fun when
    you get into it.
    Happy driving,
    squonk.