Re: MD New Level of Thinking

From: Platt Holden (pholden@sc.rr.com)
Date: Wed Dec 01 2004 - 17:50:53 GMT

    Aaaggghhh. What is your purpose in responding to my posts, Ian?

    > Q Why XYZ ?
    > A There is no "purpose" why anything, so why (rhetorically) keep asking the
    > damn question.

    I see. You had no purpose. Just filling time.

    > Q Could you explain how XYZ ?
    > A Certainly, I'm glad you asked me that, that's a useful question (I'm a
    > pragmatist like that RMP fella, you may have heard of him)I'm not sure if I
    > know the whole story, but IMHO FWIW it's like this ... What do you think ?
    > Etc.

    RMP a pragmatist? Ponder the following:

    "But the Metaphysics of Quality states that practicality is a social
    pattern of good. It is immoral for truth to be subordinated to social
    values since that is a lower form of evolution devouring a higher one. The
    idea that satisfaction alone is the test of anything is very dangerous,
    according to the Metaphysics of Quality. There are different kinds of
    satisfaction and some of them are moral nightmares. The Holocaust produced
    a satisfaction among Nazis. That was quality for them. They considered it
    to be practical. But it was a quality dictated by low level static social
    and biological patterns whose overall purpose was to retard the evolution
    of truth and. Dynamic Quality." (Lila, 29)

    But, why quote Pirsig? You're happy believing he's a pragmatist. So be it.
    Far be it for me to question your comfortable convictions.

    Platt

    Platt