MD SQ-SQ tension in Chinese cuisine.

From: Valuemetaphysics@aol.com
Date: Sat Feb 21 2004 - 21:02:26 GMT

    Dear forum,
    Does anyone like sweet and sour?
    There has only ever been one occasion upon which it worked for me; the meal
    was neither sweet nor sour, but a third indescribable taste which was quite
    exquisite. This taste does not have a name in English? Maybe it has one in
    Chinese? Every other occasion i had tried the dish it failed to hit the mark -
    failed to exist in the moment as that which it should be.
    The thing is, when you taste it, it is superb.

    Now it seems to me we have here not only an example of the ripeness of a meal
    well prepared - a human art form - a living example of SQ-SQ coherence, but
    it may also serve as an analogy for SQ-SQ coherence itself by extension? Here
    we have cuisine were on another day we may have chosen the best tuning of a
    motorcycle and our relationship to it as the example?

    Here is what i have in mind: Sour = Static pattern. Sweet = static pattern.
    Both together form a tension which is dissonance. But, bring the two static
    patterns into harmony and they dissipate into a third state while simultaneously
    retaining their static structure. This third state is SQ-SQ coherence - that
    point at which DQ intervenes.

    Please forgive me if this example appears superfluous? However, i do feel a
    master chef would be complimented upon a metaphysical description of his art?
    Unless of course you told him his cooking was dissonant!

    All the best,
    Mark